Hello there. I'm so glad you've found me. The thing is that what you're looking at right now is an old site. I've moved everything over to my main site at Wisdom of the Moon.

If you've followed a link here looking for a tutorial, don't worry, just click on the title of the post or the link at the beginning of the post and you'll end up at the complete tutorial.

It's an extra step, I know, but totally worth it. I promise.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you there!

-Wendy

Friday, February 8, 2008

Breaking Hard Candy

Note- Please click over to Wisdom of the Moon to read the entire post on how to get crushed hard candy for stained glass cookies.


I don't know about you, but sometimes I find the instructions on Martha's website a bit simplistic. I don't just mean that they keep it simple, but that they actually leave stuff out. Maybe it's an accident, or maybe they just don't want to explain the long, involved steps it took to get the end product.

Which, by the way, is something that just happens to be my specialty.

For example, in the Stained Glass Cookie project, they say simply "Then sprinkle crushed hard candy generously in the window of the letter." What they don't mention is how to crush those hard candies (they do suggest using jolly ranchers specifically, which was helpful to know).

I did this to one of my old cookie sheets trying to get "crushed hard candy".

2008 02 08 015

No comments: